The ECCEobs project
The Higher Education (HE) and the productive world are just facing new and complex challenges. The goals of the Bologna Process and the Lisbon Declaration appear even more important after the 2008' financial crisis, and togheter with the Communication on "New skills for new jobs" are key points for the EUHEA -European Higher Education Area- and for industry as well.
In this scenario, the need of the continuous collaboration between HE institution and enterprises in order to enhance the HE curricula, their transparency and the competences developed is becoming more and more urgent.
Accordingly, the ECCE main objectives are:
- to improve the cooperation among HE institutions and enterprises during the process of definition of the competences to be developed by engineering HE institutions;
- to establish a permanent Observatory, able to regularly provide players and stakeholders with directions and recommendations on skills offer and demand in the engineering context and the ways of aligning and enriching them;
- to develop an easily understandable European model (for Universities and business stakeholders) for the "translation" of engineering higher education courses and curricula into learning outcomes and linking them to the EQF levels (from 6h to 8h).
Thus, the main activities and outputs will be:
• The consultation of business stakeholders and engineers in order to identify the labour market competence needs and the proposal of new competences to be included in curricula;
• The “translation” of several engineering and technical HE curricula into learning outcomes and EQF levels compliant;
• The development of the translation model/language;
• The dissemination of project results through the networks the project partners are involved in;
• The exploitation of results with the involvement of new stakeholders.
It is expected the project will be the reference point for all those actors involved in the process of creation of the EHEA in the Engineering.
Last Updated ( Sunday, 09 October 2011 13:16 )